Monday 21 September 2009

a new project


A new project project I've started is the a melly and me pattern called Lottie and little lady which is lovely. The big ladybird has a little bag to hang around her neck which holds a little baby ladybird (little lady).
I couldn't find any brighter red spotty material for her body but this does look a bit brighter in real life than in the photo so I think it'll look good when it's finished.
It took a while to get the arms and legs looking right but the pattern overall is very easy to follow and make. I'm sure she'll look a lot cuter when she's fully stuffed!

I have also made a start on my inchie christmas decorations for the swap. Unfortunately my sewing on the edges of the inchies isn't quite as neat as the sample so I've added plenty of beading to detract the eye from the edges!
I'll take photos tonight and post them tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Wendy, the ladybird is going to be so cute when he's stuffed, I love the material you have used for his arms & legs. What will you do with him when he's finshed (or is it a her). Bag material looks great to me - fab that it was a freebie pattern. x

    ReplyDelete