Wednesday 9 September 2009

couple of cards



These are a couple of cards i have made recently after a visit to Stamp Addicts. Both the owl and bear stamps are by Judikins and are lovely to work with.
I wanted to make all parts of the owl card co-ordinate so tried stamping on ribbon with the same leaf stamp I'd used to make the background-I wasn't expecting it to turn out as nice as it did so it's something I'll be doing a lot more to make my own patterned ribbons!
The owl card is also the first card I've made in ages which didn't use any pre-printed backing papers-it has been sponged with ink and stamped using small rubber stamps (an idea i picked up from Stamp Addicts as they used small stamps to make the backgrounds on most of their sample cards in the shop)
I have started a couple more cards using this bear on mens cards and will post them here when they're finished.

1 comment:

  1. Great cards Wendy - I recognise the top one:). Love the way you have used the leaf stamp on the owl card.

    ReplyDelete