Saturday 16 January 2010

25th Club

I have made my first Christmas card of the year for the BF 25th club. Each month you make a Christmas card using a theme each month.
the theme for January is turquoise and swirls and something sparkly or shiny.
I made my card using a piece of everyday turquoise backing paper (as all the Christmas ones are packed away!), silver swirls cut from a quickutz die and a snowman cut from a sizzix die which has been chalked to give him some shading.
I don't think I've ever really used this snowman for a card even though I've had the die for a few years but now I've used him I'm sure I'll be using him lots as I love how he has turned out!
The only thing I'd change about this card is that I'd make the silver swirls overlap the circle instead of going behind it.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card - and I like the swirls going behind the circle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo lovely!! Thanks to join my giveaway end to vote for the Xmas table competition!
    Good luck darling ^_^
    Hugs, Valeria

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Wendy. I think the snowman is great and i LOVE the swirls!! Can you use a quickutz die in a bigshot???
    Paddy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that snowman, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Wendy! The snowman looks great (love his little snowflake buttons!) and I like the swirls the way they are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can use any die in a bigshot Paddy, You just need a different cutting plate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Wendy - tee hee - I can now comment on your blog yippee!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaww that's a lovely card Wendy, the snowman is fab xx

    ReplyDelete